[10-9-2022] Microsoft Rewards Bing Homepage Quiz Question: Phytoplankton are putting on a colorful show in the Chukchi Sea. Where is that?
The given options are:
- Between Finland and Estonia
- Between Alaska and Russia
- North of Greenland
Correct Answer: Between Alaska and Russia
Fact: The Chukchi Sea, also known as the Chuuk Sea, Chukotsk Sea, or the Sea of Chukotsk, is a marginal sea of the Arctic Ocean. The Chukchi Sea is flanked on the west by Russia and on the east by Alaska. In fact, the International Date Line cuts right through it. The sea is approximately 595,000 km2 and is only navigable about four months of the year. It’s named for the Chukchi people who live along the Far East Russian coast. The principal port on the Chukchi Sea is Uelen in Russia. Check ahead if you want to explore—the water freezes, so boats can’t sail it year-round.
All three questions from today’s Bing Homepage Quiz are below. You can find their answers by visiting these pages.
- Phytoplankton are putting on a colorful show in the Chukchi Sea. Where is that?
- Phytoplankton live near the ocean’s surface so they can…
- Phytoplankton are plants. What’s the name for plankton that are tiny animals?