[3-2-2022] Microsoft Rewards Bing Homepage Lightspeed Quiz Question: Which fact about Dr. Seuss is true?
The given options are:
- His 1st book came out in 1942
- One book uses just 50 words
- He was a doctor of philosophy
- He had four children
Correct Answer: One book uses just 50 words
Other correct answers are:
- His father once ran a zoo
- He won a Pulitzer Prize
- He invent the word “nerd”
- He made WWII propaganda
20 interesting facts about Dr. Seuss:
- It took him over a year to write Cat in the Hat—and it only uses 236 different words.
- His full name was Theodor Seuss Geisel, but his friends called him Ted.
- He wrote and illustrated 47 children’s books before his death.
- Dr. Seuss is a pen name.
- He has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- He wrote for an ad agency.
- “The Lorax” may have been inspired by a monkey species found in Kenya.
- His first book wasn’t published until 1937.
- He served in World War II.
- Dr. Seuss’ wife thought he was a medical doctor when she first met him.
- He won a Pulitzer Prize.
- He collected hats.
- He reportedly invented the word “nerd.”
- He has two Academy Awards ands two Emmys.
- Dr. Seuss had no biological children.
- His debut book was rejected 27 times before it finally went to the printing press.
- Seuss had a licence plate that says “GRINCH”.
- Yertle the Turtle was based on Adolf Hitler.
- He was the first person to win the Pulitzer Prize for writing children’s books.
- Seuss has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
“One quiz, two quiz, red quiz…Seuss quiz!“
You can find the answers to all four questions of today’s Lightspeed quiz by visiting the following links: